BY HELPING BRANDS MAKE DEEP CONNECTIONS WITH CONSUMERS
Brands are strong when they are relevant and differentiated. But today’s rapidly evolving consumer preferences and tough competitors it means your brand needs to work even harder to make unbreakable connections with consumers. Yet the growth of your brand depends on it.
Here’s where BHC comes in.
We have 20 years of experience helping global brands make deep connections with consumers.
We start by working with you to strengthen your brand’s proposition, linking it to deep, actionable, core target insights. So you can grow your brand from a position of strength.
For the last 20 years we have delivered the answers to these questions – and many more – for some of the world’s top brands, including Honda, Mattel, Marlboro, Charles Schwab, iShares, BlackRock, Visa, Microsoft and Yahoo!
We have helped…
- Italy’s VESPA determine which products to launch in the USA based on insights into American consumers.
- HONDA reinvigorate its brand positioning in a focus region and create a dealer/consumer engagement platform & creative execution programs.
- CHARLES SCHWAB make new, deep connections with consumers.
- KELLY SERVICES have a deeper understanding of their customers and deliver the insights needed to reset their global messaging.
- PEPSI develop a consumer engagement platform and execution ideas for their European Nut Business Unit.
- A top ten global brand develop its consumer and retail engagement platforms and execution initiative for a category-leading new product.
- A global wine brand reinvigorate by uncovering insights allowing a new understanding of go to market in a more relevant and differentiated way.
- A world class wine association galvanize its members and reposition its brand, giving it a springboard for growth.
- A global technology company regain control of an open-sourced technology.
- Train over 4500 global brand marketers to grow their brand by learning new skills and increasing their confidence so they can succeed.
- BHC has designed and facilitated over 850 workshops to drive innovation, alignment and clarity using tools from:
- Brand Framework – proven tool that refreshes or creates your brand positioning platform.
- Consumer/Trade/Retail Engagement – build a go-to-market engagement platform and design executional ideas to bring your brand to life.
- OGSM – Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measurements
- Insights to Innovation – create new product and packaging pipeline.
- BPWATTS Development – a workshop helping your team determine what is “The Business Problem you are Trying to Solve?”
- Consumer Journey – identify and improve the peaks and valleys to improve your customers’ experience.
QUESTIONS WE ANSWER FOR GLOBAL CLIENTS
- HOW CAN I REINVIGORATE MY BRAND?
- HOW CAN I INSULATE MY BRAND AGAINST EMERGING COMPETITORS?
- HOW CAN I ENSURE THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IS ALIGNED WITH MY BRAND STORY?
- HOW CAN I INNOVATE TO INSULATE MY BRAND AGAINST EMERGING COMPETITORS AND GROW?
- HOW CAN I MAKE A DEEPER CONNECTION WITH MY CUSTOMERS?
- HOW CAN I STAND OUT FROM COMPETITORS?
- HOW CAN I ALIGN THE BRAND EXPERIENCE WITH MY TARGET?
- HOW DO I MANAGE A BRAND PORTFOLIO?
- HOW DO I TRAIN MY MARKETERS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT BRAND-BUILDING REALLY MEANS?
- HOW CAN I INOCULATE / ACTIVATE MY BRAND EXPERIENCE WITH CONSUMERS OR THE TRADE?
WHO WE ARE
As BHC Managing Partner since 1999, Trini brings a marriage of unique skills to every client engagement: business management, brand marketing training, sales and business development, direct marketing, licensing and marketing management.
Global brands including General Electric, Philip Morris, Microsoft, AT&T, Yahoo!, Pepsi, Sun Microsystems, Google, Jack Daniel’s, J.M. Smucker Co., DuPont, Rodale, Inc. and Mattel have all sought Trini’s counsel.
Trini has led hundreds of brand and innovation workshops for major brands worldwide, creating inspiring brand positioning and equity-building opportunities. He also has proven expertise in working within an organization to determine how to build programs that successfully motivate and train marketers in the adoption of marketing processes that will allow them to focus on their core objective – promote and grow their brands.
Using advanced adult-learning techniques and best practice-based processes and tools, Trini co-created The Center For Marketing Excellence, the most comprehensive marketing training and accreditation program in the world. The CME served over 150 global companies and has trained over 3500 marketers since 2003.
Previously he was at Advo, Inc, a $1 billion direct marketing firm as VP, Business Development and Field Marketing. He was subsequently Vice President of a joint venture between The Left Bank Organization, a Hollywood-based artist management concern and DDB Needham Worldwide, working on the Pepsi, H&R Block, Capitol Records and Budweiser accounts among others to support Left Bank performers such as The Cranberries, Stevie Nicks, Motley Crue, The Bee Gees and other platinum acts.
Trini lives with his family in the Russian River Valley, Sonoma County, California where he is co-owner of Gracianna Winery and also author of the book, Gracianna, published on Greenleaf Press.
Pete Boland is a Partner at BHC and was previously a BHC partner from 2000-2005
Most recently, as Senior Vice President & Head of Brand at Charles Schwab & Co., Pete led Schwab’s brand reinvigoration under the award-winning “Own Your Tomorrow” platform. Since beginning his career at Procter & Gamble, Peter has worked both client- and consulting-side for iconic global brands including Visa, Yahoo!, Vespa, Microsoft, iShares, BlackRock and Charles Schwab. Peter has led global & local marketing teams to success in building compelling brand platforms based on deep consumer insights, and creating award-winning and business-building integrated campaigns.
Pete is a board member of Red Tricycle, the foremost digital media platform in the parenting space. He is a regular speaker at brand marketing events and also an adjunct Professor of Marketing at Hult International Business School, San Francisco campus.
Pete lives with his family in San Francisco, California and also Seaside, Florida.
Hunter is Chairman Emeritus at BHC Consulting.
On the management side, Hunter was grounded in marketing as a brand manager at Procter and Gamble in consumer packaged goods. He has Vice President of Brand Management at SBC, the number three brewer in the US (now part of SAB-Miller) category leading brands such as Stroh’s, Old Milwaukee and Schlitz Malt Liquor.
Hunter was most recently Chief Marketing Officer in the beef division of JBS, the Brazil-based global protein company and global brand owner of the Swift brand. He has also served on the boards of Emmperative and Pete’s Brewing Company.
Hunter’s combination of client-side management and consulting experience ensures clients received innovative strategies and implementable, affordable solutions.